We have the opportunity to create an experience for athletes to develop, compete and discover their passion for the great sport of football and cheerleading.
News & Updates
Are You Ready for Some Football?
8.1.2022- We are excited for the upcoming season and just want to lay out expectations for the next few weeks and season:
Registration is CLOSED. We have a ton of planning to do over the next few weeks so please be patient! If someone missed registration, they can add their name HERE and if we have room on a team, we will let you know sometime after August 15th
– Flag coaches meeting is August 25
– Team assignments will be communicated to families late August (after Aug 15)
– Practices can start the week of August 29- usually 1 or 2 days a week- day of week and time is up to the individual coach and will be communicated by them
– Coaches will distribute game shorts and jerseys at practice
– Games start the weekend after Labor Day (Sept 9)- Season ends Halloween weekend
– Games are played at Park Ridge parks on Saturday mornings (sometimes early afternoon) and at least one Friday night game
– Game schedules will be posted end of August – only first half of season schedule will be posted, Oct schedule to be posted later in Sept for better team parity
– Bottom line, do not expect team assignments and season schedules for a few weeks…
– Similar timeline as Flag
– Registration is CLOSED
– There will be another uniform fitting this month TBD
– Spirit Cheer Orientation is Saturday, August 20 at Maine Park 1:00-3:00pm
Falcons Tackle Football
– Practices/Evals start August 1
– Please review any emails from your coaches on what to wear/bring to practice
– Be prepared for the warm weather and send your child with plenty of water
- Equipment pick starts July 19th. Evals & practices begin August 1 with team placement (Gold D1 or Silver D2) announced shortly after. Games begin August 27 (tentative) with games also taking place Labor Day weekend. More details here.
Below is the link to our organization’s 2022 dedicated e-coupon that can be used throughout the season (valid until 1/31/23), in stores
FALL 2022 REGISTRATION OPENING
SUPER BOWL WEEKEND!
We are excited to open up Fall Registration for:
*Fall Competitive Cheer evaluations will take place in May. Stay tuned!
Registration for the Fall 2022 season is opening Super Bowl weekend. Like the NFL, College and High School levels, we do not play a Spring season due to player-safety concerns.
Come join and compete against the best student-athletes in the Chicagoland area in BGYFL this Fall where you’ll see kids play that will soon be starting at perennial football powerhouses such as Marist, Naperville Central, Brother Rice, Montini, and Glenbard West. Many of these kids go onto play for State 🏈 Championships under the IHSA like our 2021 Maine South Hawks Football, not just play in showcases, pay-to-play camps or during Florida vacations for kids who mature earlier than others.
Evaluations for either our D1 Gold (Elite) or D2 Silver (Competitive) Falcons travel levels from 8U to 13U (no high schoolers allowed) begin Aug 1st and end Aug 4th, and will be led by Rob Leach and Bret Brania. On Aug 5th, coaches will let each player know which team they were selected for based on their position, experience and tryout. Flag football is now our only House football program, for several years now, so no player evaluations are needed to play on one of those ~75 teams.
Remember that we will continue to provide chances for each player to earn their positions and get game-time repetitions based on their merit, we will teach them how to trust each other, we will continue to develop each player based on their skills now and work towards their future potential, including ensuring minimum play and sportsmanship standards, and of course leverage our MSFB base playbooks, schemes, and experiences as well as USA Football guidelines and drills to prepare your child to flow seamlessly into their own high school football program.
We hope you chose to be part of our 55 year old traditions and proven success!
BECOME A SPONSOR
Be Part of the Action!
Park Ridge Sports, Inc. is a local non-profit youth football and cheerleading organization.
We are committed to providing our community with amazing youth football and cheerleading programs devoted to positive coaching and developing a love of the game.
Our programs are funded primarily through the registration fees paid by participants, which is why we ask for, and greatly appreciate sponsorship donations.
Display your community pride, defray the cost of uniforms and equipment, and advertise your business.PRFootball_Sponsorship_SellSheet_2022-compressed-1_compressed
CONGRATS TO OUR FALCONS COMPETITIVE CHEER TEAMS!
We are very proud of our 3 Park Ridge Competitive Cheer teams (Senior, Junior & Mini) for seizing the opportunity to earn a STATE BID and advance to the ICA STATE Cheerleading Championships on Dec 3rd – 5th!
It is with great excitement and energy that Park Ridge Sports, Inc. announces that our Park Ridge Falcon Travel Tackle Program will be joining the Bill George League (BGYFL) beginning in the Fall of 2021.
• Well established 58 year old youth travel tackle football league
• Comprised of 22 highly competitive youth travel tackle football programs predominately from the Northwest and Western suburbs
• There are two competitive Divisions offered
• Each Division has 6 levels of play – 8U, 9U, 10U, 11U, JV, and Varsity
• No high school players allowed or trips to Florida
• Each level of play has weight restrictions (striper weights) to promote safety and allow players to play with their classmates
• BGYFL is a no cut league – meaning everyone has a place to play
• There will be regional playoffs and Super Bowls at every level
We are looking forward to opening registration on April 30th for ALL our Fall programs as your 54 yr old Park Ridge Park District affiliate for Flag, Cheer and Tackle Football.