BE A ROLE MODEL!
How Do I Become a Youth Football Coach?
Youth Football Coaching Steps
- You can express interest in coaching through the registration form when registering your child for one of our programs.
- If you do not have a child in our program and would like to coach, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Board of Directors will review coaching applicants and follow up with instructions on next steps.
- A Background Check is required of all Park Ridge Football & Cheerleading coaches.
- Complete USA Football Certification (tackle football coaches only)- PRFB will provide instructions and a coupon code for certifications.
- Complete USA Football Concussion Education (flag football coaches only)
Volunteer Youth Football Coaching
We at Park Ridge Football & Cheerleading are looking for individuals interested in youth football coaching. Whether you have graciously volunteered your time in the past, or are expressing interest to coach in our program, we appreciate your willingness to volunteer. Our Program could not be successful without volunteer coaches like you.
Since 1967, Park Ridge Football & Cheerleading has been a program consisting of 5 to 14-year-olds focusing on the fundamentals of football. Park Ridge Football & Cheerleading has a strong philosophy of teaching our community’s youth both football-specific and life skills in a positive and fun atmosphere.
Our League’s coaching staff are always evolving. As a coach, you will be responsible for giving direction, encouragement, and education on all aspects of youth football, and providing a positive and fun-filled experience for the players and parents. Whether you are an experienced football coach, a former player, or a parent who would like to spend time with your son/daughter, we look forward to hearing from you.
To help each coach, player, and our overall program, we’ve partnered with USA Football. As a registered member, our coaches are trained and provided a tremendous amount of coaching resources.
What We Teach Student-Athletes
USA Football and Park Ridge Football
Park Ridge Football & Cheerleading is committed to ensuring a positive youth football experience and advancing player safety by providing league-wide coaching education and teaching resources that benefit players, parents, and coaches through USA Football’s Heads Up Football program.
Every football coach in Park Ridge Football will be trained in Heads Up Football techniques before leading their teams this season.
All Park Ridge football coaches will complete USA Football’s Youth Tackle/Youth Football Certification Course, which includes concussion recognition and response protocols; proper helmet and shoulder pad fitting; and Heads Up Tackling techniques, which aim to take the head out of the line of contact.
Additional coaching resources from the NFL: