HAVE FUN & MAKE FRIENDS!
Flag Football Program Overview & Highlights
2022 Fall Season Registration is CLOSED
– Flag coaches meeting is August 25
– Team assignments will be communicated to families late August (after Aug 15)
– Practices can start the week of August 29- usually 1 or 2 days a week- day of week and time is up to the individual coach and will be communicated by them
– Coaches will distribute game shorts and jerseys at practice
– Games start the weekend after Labor Day (Sept 9)- Season ends Halloween weekend
– Games are played at Park Ridge parks on Saturday mornings (sometimes early afternoon) and at least one Friday night game
– Game schedules will be posted end of August/early Sept – only first half of season schedule will be posted, Oct schedule to be posted later in Sept for better team parity
The Park Ridge Flag Football program is committed to developing and inspiring youth athletes between the grades Pre K and 8th. We offer non-contact 7 on 7 flag football with no weight restrictions. The key sports attributes we focus on teaching are good sportsmanship, teamwork, respect, coordination, and physical fitness.
Our main objective while providing a community-based flag football league is to ensure that all athletes get the opportunity to be a part of a youth sports program that teaches the importance of competition, work ethic, and having fun in sports.
The coaches in this program will focus on teaching players how to be a part of an organized practice based on fundamentals and discipline. Our coaches also teach basic football strategies that will help build football IQ and an overall understanding of the game. Above winning games, coaching will concentrate on the individual player level first.
Most of all, we want everyone to have fun and to play with their neighborhood friends!
What We Teach Student-Athletes
Flag Football Program Structure
The Park Ridge Flag Football program consists of 5 divisions participating in non-contact flag football with no weight restrictions, no tryouts or drafts, and REQUIRED equal playing time and position rotations, which means ONE FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE.
The Board acknowledges and respects that ALL PRFB Players could play Flag football thru 8th grade, and still effectively transition to high school contact football in 9th grade. While not the Board’s preferred ‘progressive’ path of Flag to Tackle, we RESPECT a Parent/Players choice and each player’s unique developmental circumstances.
* Minimum Age to participate is four (4) as of Sept 1st.
Pre-K – K
1st – 2nd
3rd & 4th
5th & 6th
7th & 8th
Flag Football Program Details
1-3 hours per week beginning the last week of August. Practice days and times are determined by the individual coaches.
8 one hour games played in Park Ridge either Friday nights, or Saturdays beginning the first weekend after Labor Day and ending by the end of October.
*No flag games will be rescheduled if cancelled due to weather, forfeits, etc. For fun, coaches can scrimmage the following the week, but no refs will be provided
Games played against other Park Ridge teams.
All players will play a variety of offensive/defensive positions and should play at least half of every game.
Park Ridge Football provides each player with a game jersey and pocket-less shorts, which are yours to keep. Each individual player is responsible for providing and using a mouth guard and cleats. Gloves are optional.
Flag coaches will be given more advanced equipment to help them as either a first-year or seasoned coach prepare their team effectively and safely for the season – and years beyond it.
The coaches will have the necessary flag belts, equipment, and balls required to play the game.