The BGYFL, of which we are member, offers the following 6 levels of play based on player age (noting the August 1 birthday cut-off).
1. 8U (introductory level, generally 2nd/3rd graders, must not have turned 9 years old by August 1) – Park Ridge will not allow 2nd graders to play, child needs to be in 3rd grade)
2. 9U (generally 4th graders, must not have turned 10 years old by August 1)
3. 10U (generally 5th graders, much not have turned 11 years old by August 1)
4. 11U (generally 6th graders, must not have turned 12 years old by August 1)
5. JV/12U (generally 7th graders, must not have turned 13 years old by August 1)
6. Varsity/14U (generally 8th graders, must not be enrolled in high school)
Within each age level of play, the BGYFL offers three divisions: Gold Division 1, Gold Division 2, and Silver. All divisions offer a highly competitive travel tackle football experience. As a result, teams may be split based on the number of players per age level, at which time they will go through an evaluation process. This evaluation process and the assignment of each player to a specific team will be dependent upon a variety of factors, including: athletic and football ability, tackle football experience, player size and aggressiveness, player and family commitment, and the position needs of each team.
If there are multiple Falcons teams within a level, your player will be placed on a team by the coaching staff at the applicable level. Only (1) Gold team will be fielded at each Level, but there can be (1) or more Silver teams at each level. The Instructional Division (8U) will have only (1) division, with no Gold or Silver distinction. Team sizes can range from 13 players up to 26 players (the league maximum, although waivable with league approval).
The player team placement decisions will be made by the coaches at their specific age levels and are deemed final. We cannot honor any requests for a certain coach or teammate.
If you register and we end up not fielding a team at specific age level/division, you will receive a full refund.